These beautiful homes still standing on west Welsh Road, just east of where Grant Avenue now meets Welsh Road. Knights Mill on Poquessing Creek was the oldest mill on the creek dating back to 1750.
Most neighborhoods in the 1900's had baseball teams. This was a Tom Thumb Wedding held at Somerton Methodist Church in March 1918. Children took on identities of the local residents.
Located on the south side of Byberry Road between Bustleton Pike and Worthington Road. Bubeck, builder in Somerton, built his daughter a house, also gone.
Houseman's Pond was enjoyed by the local Somerton people, even overnight camping.
The trades people represented in this small town were carpenters, wheelwrights, masons, storekeepers, machinists, butchers, saddlers and harness makers.
These trades were invaluable to an area mainly settled by farmers and cattle ranchers.
Through the years Byberry was enlarged to include many different neighbor- hoods.
Home was on west side of Thornton Road south of Byberry Road.
Located west side of Bustleton Pike, north of Fulmer Street. Looking north where Bustleton Pike and Welsh Road overlap for a block. A pre-revolutionary war building became an arsenal during the same war. Farms were part of Byberry since the Hospital was started in 1908 by the city.
Notice early electric street lights from before 1900. It was rebuilt in 1815 and today is near the site of Creek Edge Nurseries. Byberry Farms were on the east side of Roosevelt Boulevard, north of Southhampton Road.
Bustleton, Byberry and Somerton were located in Townships of Byberry, Moreland and Lower Dublin.
The area was settled in 1645 by Swedes, with Penns Quakers arriving some thirty-seven years later.